Maine is surprisingly romantic in winter, when #Vacationland resembles a #snowglobe and a magical #winterwonderland! Of all the pretty villages and serene settings, Kennebunkport is Maine’s most romantic town – especially in December & February when locals celebrate Prelude and then Paint the Town Red! Innkeepers and shop owners decorate with sparkling lights, wreaths and buoys, heart shaped everything. Kennebunkport’s best restaurants and pubs offer happy hours with craft cocktails and love potions, and red plates dining specials. Inns offer romantic lodging deals with champagne, chocolates, spa treatments, lavish breakfasts, even late check outs!
Top 10 Romantic Things To Do in Kennebunkport Maine
1. Have your picture taken by the Christmas Prelude Tree in Dock Square in December, or by the big heart made of lobster buoys in February. Then visit all the beautifully decorated boutiques and shop for specials inside.
2. Walk the quiet beautiful beach. Watch the cool surfers riding the winter waves (brrr). Love the beach so much you don’t want to leave? Stay beachfront at The Seaside Inn, you ‘ll fall in love with their ocean view outdoor hot tub.
3. February is for Lovers, and full of fun romantic events… dine in an Igloo at Stripers- The Breakwater Inn, or your own gondola or love shack at the Boathouse Bar. All winter long, beer and wine tastings, cocktail specials, and menus are offered at place like Alisson’s, and Chez Rosa
4. Embrace the outdoors – Cross country ski or snowshoe at nearby Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm on their 7 mile of beautiful trails. Go on a skate date -ice skating on Kennebunks Waterhouse Pavilion, a free public covered ice rink in downtown Kennebunk.
5. Get happy at happy hours in Kennebunkport and Kennebunk and ask about dining deals and craft cocktails specials at Alisson’s Restaurant, Old Vines, The Boathouse Bar, Chez Rosa, and Striper’s Restaurant.
6. Reserve a romantic room overlooking the Kennebunk River at Breakwater Inn and Spa. Their Winter Valentine’s package includes lodging for two, Chocolates and a split of Prosecco in your room, Continental breakfast, afternoon Tea and snacks, and a romantic dinner at Striper’s Restaurant. Check out their Breakwater Spa package too.
7. Indulge in “February is for Lovers” with Captain Fairfield Inn’s special inn-takeover opportunity. Rent the Captain Fairfield for an entire week, with your own concierge! What’s not to “love” ?!
8. The Kennebunkport Captain’s Collection has a “Love KPT” package with two-nights stay for two people with arrival goodies of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries.
9. Can’t escape without the kids? Rhumb Line Resort, Kennebunkport’s affordable family resort, has the solution. Book a Romance Red Tag Package for you and your sweetheart, starting at $199, including two nights, breakfast, flowers & chocolates, and you can get an extra room for the kids for just $20. Rhumb Line Resort has an indoor pool and
hot tub, plus an outdoor hot tub, a fitness room, free WiFi and Continental breakfast, and you’re just a few miles for Dock Square and the beach.
10. If Portland and the romantic city streets of the Old Port are more your speed, check in to The Blind Tiger, visit Portland’s best restaurants and shops, and beautiful waterfront. Their lodging package includes a book of love poems, bubbly, sweets and a suite room will set the stage for #Vacationland romance in February.